Applied Ageing Research Network
The Applied Ageing Research Network is focused on conducting high quality applied and clinical research with the aim of improving the health, care and wellbeing of older people. It involves a range of interdisciplinary researchers from the Universities in Edinburgh and the Lothians, partners in the NHS, local authorities and third sector organisations.
The purpose of the Network is to:
• Maintain awareness of ongoing academic and clinical work in a range of specialities relevant to the health and social care of older people
• Share and develop ideas of common interest that match national policy and local practice priorities
• Share learning about how to integrate research into clinical practice.
• Establish agreed areas of research that will drive forward the focus of the Network
• Develop new collaborative research proposals that may include novel and innovative research methodologies reflecting different discipline expertise
• Consider opportunities for capacity building and developing future research leaders in the area of older people research