Student Support

Your Personal Tutor

Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught students have a Personal Tutor (PT), a member of the teaching staff who provides academic guidance and support. If you are a research student, your supervisor will provide this support.

Your Personal Tutor

You can find out who your Personal Tutor is via Euclid.

Contact: via Euclid or email

Your Personal Tutor (PT) is a member of academic staff who is a consistent point of contact for academic matters throughout your period of study.

Find out more on the Personal Tutor system and what to expect from it

Your Personal Tutor can advise on academic progress and issues that are affecting your ability to engage with your studies.

They can also signpost you to university support services, as required.

You will be invited to meet with your Personal Tutor at set points during the academic year. It is usual to have a mixture of individual and group meetings.

You can also request a meeting with your PT via EUCLID or emailing your PT directly.

The School's Personal Tutoring Statement outlines the number of meetings you should have and the responsibilities of students and Personal Tutors:


Please contact the Student Support Team if you cannot get hold of your PT.


The Senior Tutor

Mandy Laing is the Senior Tutor in the School of Health in Social Science with oversight of Personal Tutoring and Student Support in the School. 

In the following video,  she briefly explains about Personal Tutors. 

Video: HiSS Senior Tutor Welcome Video 2021
Mandy Laing, Senior Tutor for the School of Health in Social Science, welcomes students and briefly explains about Personal Tutors.


If you wish to raise an issue with the Senior Tutor, please contact the Student Support Team in the first instance.


Guidance for Personal Tutors (Ease log in required) (secured)