The course is aimed at those who undertake manual handling as part of their work duties
There is a requirement in law that where employees are involved in tasks where a manual handling element involves a risk of injury that that risk is formally assessed with a view to avoiding or reducing the risk.
There is also a requirement for adequate safety training.The object of this course is to provide participants with sufficient training and information to allow them to:
- competently carry out risk assessments
- implement appropriate risk reduction methods
- lift heavy and / or uneven items
Such training involves a basic understanding of:
- how the body functions, in relation to lifting or moving items
- efficient movement of the body
- risk assessment and risk reduction techniques
- lifting techniques
- mechanical aids that are available
Booking onto the course
The course is run at various times, to meet demand - To be added to the waiting list, please email the department giving your postal address, email and phone number. We will get back in touch to invite you to the next organised course.