Emergency First Aid at Work
This one day course is aimed at staff who wish to attain a basic knowledge of first aid and become competent at Emergency First Aid at Work.
A maximum of 8 participants will be accepted on each course to allow maximum practice.
The course will cover the following:
- aim of first aid and first aid kit
- Reporting of Injuries and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- priorities of treatment
- unconscious patient
- primary survey and secondary survey
- recovery position
- respiratory system
- hypoxia, choking and epilepsy
- circulatory system
- wounds and bleeding
- practical including - treatment of wounds, shock, fainting and minor burn
On completion of the course, each participant will be issued with a certificate of attendance. There will be no formal assessment.
This course lasts 7 hours.
By request, both for internal and external clients.
To add an employee's name to the waiting list, please complete the appropriate 'Request for First Aid Training' form ensuring the Manager's statement and signature are included. The form should then be returned by email or hard copy to the Training and Audit Unit:
University of Edinburgh Staff
Non-University of Edinburgh Staff