Study abroad in Edinburgh

Study Abroad programme

The Study Abroad programme allows students taking an undergraduate degree elsewhere to spend a year or a semester at the University of Edinburgh.

The programme at a glance

You can apply for the Study Abroad programme if you are currently enrolled in your first year (or above) of study at a home institution. The Study Abroad programme provides the opportunity to study at the University of Edinburgh for Semester 1, Semester 2 or the full academic year.

What can I study?

We offer a huge range of courses for Study Abroad students, with no fixed study programmes. The only thing limiting your course selection is whether you meet the course entry requirements.

You will receive credit from your studies to transfer back to your home university.