What can I do?
Find out what kinds of activities you can do through the Go Abroad for Staff programme.
The Go Abroad for Staff programme supports staff to undertake short teaching or training opportunities abroad.
It's up to the participant to identify and secure their own teaching or training opportunity. Here are some of the ways you could investigate your options:
- Check the websites of our existing Erasmus+ and ICM partner institutions to see what staff mobility opportunities they offer.
- Speak to colleagues and contacts at UofE and elsewhere. Find out which institutions are good at what you want to learn.
- Join the Go Abroad Staff Facebook group to get in touch with other UofE staff who have applied or participated.
- Visit the Teaching Matters blog to find out what others have done.
- Find out if institutions you’re interested in offer workshops/courses/staff training weeks.
Read about the experiences of Maria Fusco, Kelly Hall, Janet Forbes, Hillary Cementina, Jan Gardiner and Nicola Galloway. They participated in a range of activities, including being a visiting academic, and job shadowing:
Read about the experience of Lorna Bruce, who participated in a staff training week in Lisbon: