Staff Immigration Service

Visiting the UK

Visa for temporary workers or academic visitors to the UK

Temporary Worker (GAE) scheme

The Government Authorised Exchange scheme allows researchers to come to the UK on a temporary basis. This visa was previously known as ‘Tier 5’.

Academic visitors

Information to assist if you have been invited to visit or if you want to invite someone to visit the University of Edinburgh.