Short term student visa

The short term student visa is for students who are studying for short periods of time at a Tier 4 institution.

Who can get a short term student visa?

There are a range of reasons you can be eligible for a short term visa, including spending a semester abroad at the University and studying an English language programme.

Conditions of a short term student visa

Students on a short term visa cannot work or bring dependants to the UK.

Applying for a short term student visa

How you apply depends on whether you are a visa national, or a non-visa national.

Short term student visa requirements

Visa nationals will need the following documents ready when applying for a Short term student visa.