Welcome to the Exchange Coordinator toolkit
The information below is meant for Exchange Coordinators and School staff to help in all aspects of setting up and running an exchange. We have provided advice on supporting students, managing partners, promoting Go Abroad and well as a full list of our policies and guidelines, along with a list of resources to help you throughout the process.
Setting up a new exchange
Instructions on how to set up a new student exchange, manage your exchanges, and links to all current exchanges can be found here.
How to support students on exchange
Promoting Go Abroad opportunities to students
Template presentations to make students aware at an early stage of the study abroad opportunities available to them.
Exchange application process
Staff involved with administering student exchanges should familiarise themselves with the application process that students will go through and the policies that they must adhere to. These processes and documents can be found on the Student Exchanges website:
Edinburgh Exchanges Blog
Read the latest blog post by our exchange students:
Promoting Work Abroad Opportunities to students
As part of the Erasmus + Traineeship scheme, students can receive funding towards work placements in Europe.
Typical calendar points for staff involved in Go Abroad.
The Study Abroad Team in Edinburgh Global work alongside the College Visiting Student Offices in managing the processes for visiting students.
Benefits of going abroad
Students want assurance that an experience abroad will enhance their career prospects as well as their personal development.
- Go Abroad for University of Edinburgh students
- University of Edinburgh Registry
- fees information for Go Abroad students
- University of Edinburgh Insurance Office
- University of Edinburgh Disability Service
- University of Edinburgh Student Counselling Service
- Online tools and support for Go Abroad students
- Taking Advantage of Time Away (TATA)
- Online module to help students make the most of their time away
- British Council Erasmus webpages
- British Embassies and Consular services worldwide
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advice
Policies, plans and guidelines
- Go Abroad Policy (PDF)
- This policy includes the protocol for dealing with an emergency evacuation and/or crisis management situation of students participating in a study or research abroad
- The Go Abroad Policy now supersedes the Emergency Evacuation & Crisis Management policy
- Edinburgh Global | Global Engagement Plan
- Edinburgh Global leads the University of Edinburgh's international strategy and services for staff, students, applicants, visitors and partners
- Collaborative activity
- Documentation for reference when developing new collaborative agreements can be found on the University's Governance and Strategic Planning webpages
- Application Policy for Subject Specific exchanges
- Application Policy for General exchanges
- Erasmus+ Charter 2014-2020
- The University's commitments and responsibilities under the Erasmus programme
- School Student Agreement (RTF)