Global health funding opportunities
A webinar is now available to detail a joint funding call into medical science and health interventions in developing countries.
This second call from the AHRC and the MRC seeks to assemble expertise in medical science and health interventions in developing countries, with an appreciation of local culture, knowledge, dynamics and engagement.
- Submission deadline
- 26 October 2017, 4PM GMT
- Funding available
- £2 million in total
- Awards expected
- Establishing inter-disciplinary collaborative partnerships or consortia
- Developing strategy to strengthen research activity across the field
- International knowledge sharing across research departments, or between Institutions and across sectoral boundaries
- Career development, inter-disciplinary skills enhancement and capacity building
- Widening/extending the disciplinary breadth of existing teams/partnerships (e.g. through placements, embedding, ethnographic research, etc)
- Small scale, pilot, proof of principle, exploratory, inter-disciplinary, higher risk projects to explore innovative boundary crossing collaborations
Small partnership awards
Total costs of no more than £50,000 fEC: these small awards should be for a duration of no longer than 18 months and be used for initial activities that will build new partnerships between UK and LMIC researchers across the MRC and AHRC disciplines, with a focus on global public health.
Large Partnership Awards
Total costs of no more than £200,000 fEC: these larger awards should be 18-24 months, and include a comprehensive package of work that will build new or develop existing partnerships between UK and LMIC researchers across the MRC and AHRC disciplines, with a focus on global public health.
Webinar and further details
The Research Councils held a joint Webinar on 6 September to provide more information on this second call