Fees & scholarships
Find out how much this programme costs and what help may be available to you.
Fees, on a per year basis, are set by the College of Medicine and Vet Medicine and are the same for both overseas and home students.
The current fee cost for one year of study beginning in 2018/19 is £3,850; annual tuition fees are subject to revision and are typically increased by approximately 5% per annum. This annual increase should be taken into account when you are applying for the programme. You will also be responsible for the cost of travel and subsistence for the contact teaching periods.
You may be eligible for a concession of a minimum of 50% of the course fees. Read on to find out more about the Rural Community Investment Scholarship.
*New Scholarship Opportunity for East Africa*
We are delighted to announce that we now have one new scholarship opportunity.
This scholarship is available to an East African national studying towards the Master of Family Medicine online distance learning programme offered by the University of Edinburgh in the 2018-2019 academic session. Applicants must have, or anticipate having, an unconditional firm offer for this academic session. The scholarship award will cover tuition fees and is tenable for three years.
Please submit your CV and a 500 – 800 word summary of your reasons for applying for the masters programme. In assessing applications, we will look for applicants who can demonstrate in particular that they have:
- An understanding of the unique features of the family medicine approach and the role of the family physician within their healthcare system.
- Clinical experience of healthcare delivery within family medicine or another relevant setting.
- Commitment to learning and professional development both during and beyond the Masters programme.
- Demonstration of leadership potential. We are looking to create leaders in the field of family medicine who can influence local and national policy and be advocates for family medicine and primary care globally.
Applications should be made to Michelle Hart at email@example.com
The scholarship deadline is 23:59 BST 20 August 2018. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after this closing date and the decision of the University will be final.
Unique Scholarship for Family Medicine
This qualification is unique and aims to build Family Medicine in rural communities.
The University of Edinburgh and its international partners recognise that rural communities need doctors from their own communities who have a heart and a vision for working locally to improve health outcomes. Therefore for the first time at the University of Edinburgh a new set of Rural Community Investment Scholarships for Family Medicine Doctors are being launched.
Each of these scholarships will cover a minimum of 50% of the total per year cost.
The closing date for scholarships is 1 July 2018. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after this closing date.
Eligibility for a Rural Community Investment Scholarship
The following criteria are used in assessing candidates' eligibility for a scholarship:
* Level of income
* Previous experience of working in a charity hospital
* Commitment to working for 2 years to further the cause of Family Medicine following completion of the programme
You are eligible to apply if you fulfill one or more of the above criteria.
To apply for a Scholarship
To apply for a scholarship:
1. Start an application to the Family Medicine programme. You will need to do this first in order to be able to log on to the Scholarship form.
2. Complete the Scholarship application form.
3. Email all supporting documentation to the Scholarship email address.
*New* - The Edinburgh Online Family Medicine Scholarships Fund
Through the generous donations of a benefactor in India who is committed to improving healthcare in rural regions this full scholarship award will allow a student from South Asia to study the online Masters of Family Medicine. For more details please http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding/postgraduate/e-learning/family-medicine
Graduate discount scheme
There is a 10% discount in postgraduate tuition fees for all alumni who have graduated with an undergraduate degree from the University of Edinburgh. This applies to the self-funding element of the postgraduate tuition fee and is available to both home and overseas students.