Support & resources
Find out about the support you will receive during your studies.
- Academic Support
- Your Programme Directors and course tutors are available to discuss academic matters via the course discussion boards, email or video call.
- IT Support
- The University's lnformation Skills Helpline offers IT support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Personal Development Support
- Every student will be allocated a Personal Tutor, who will help you to:
- review your academic progress
- reflect on how your learning can help you pursue your future development
- engage with a community of learners
- address any concerns or problems that might affect your studies
- and most importantly nurture your wellbeing
The University of Edinburgh prioritises student learning and invests in improving a student’s ability to make the most of this exciting experience. Access to e-books and journals is provided electronically through the University of Edinburgh Library.
The University's Institute of Academic Development offer online courses and resources to help you improve on skills. Free courses available include academic writing, time management and critical thinking.