Master of Family Medicine

How to apply

You will need to complete an online application which includes a personal statement, references, transcripts and other supporting documents.

Picture of students using a PC

Applications must be submitted through the University’s online application service, EUCLID. Offers cannot be made without a fully completed online application.

The application does not have to be completed in one session, you can save your progress and return to complete the application at another time.

When uploading documents, keep the file size as small as possible to improve processing time. Name all documentation appropriately. For example: Transcript, Reference 1, and so on.

Apply online

Applications for September 2022 entry are now open.  Applications will close on 26 August 2022.

The University’s online application system is accessed through the degree finder.

Supporting documents

Your application will require supporting information, with translations where applicable, including:

  • A degree certificate
  • A transcript of your degree certificate which provides details of degree examinations passed and the marks and grades awarded
  • A personal statement of why you have chosen this programme
  • A signed and dated letter of reference on headed paper
  • An English language certificate from within the last two years, if applicable

You can also upload two additional documents to support your application. For instance, if you have been awarded a relevant professional qualification or if you have more than one degree, you can upload these certificates.

When to apply

Applications for September 2022 entry are now open.  Applications will close on 26 August 2022.

Submit your application as early as possible in the academic year prior to that in which you wish to study. You may make your application at any time prior to the deadline date.

For help with your application

If you require advice or help with your application you can contact the programme directly or one of the University of Edinburgh's International offices.

What if my documents are not in English?

If your original documents are not in English, you must provide officially certified translations.


You need to provide a letter of reference to support your application. This should be a professional reference from someone who knows you in a professional capacity.


Related Links

Entry requirements