Secretariat and Senior Fellows
Global Health Academy work is led by a small Secretariat who collaborate and link with a wide range of advisors and partners from both within and beyond the University. This enables us to build wide networks across a range of sectors and disciplines.
Global Health Academy Secretariat
Co-ordinating and leading the Global Health Academy’s work:
- Liz Grant, Co-Director, Global Health Academy and Co-Director of the Compassion Initiative
- Francisca Mutapi, Co-Director, Global Health Academy and Co-Director of TIBA,
- Varia Christie
- Jenny Reid
Proving guidance and expertise in relation to grants, research topics, strategic development, partnerships and communications. Senior Fellows include:
- Anne Hendry, Clinical lead for Integrated Care; Senior Associate IFIC
- John Gillies, previous Chair of Royal Collage of General Practice; Co-Director of the Compassion Initiative
- Heather Cubie, Consultant Clinical Scientist with an Honorary Chair in the University of Edinburgh College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine; recently retired from NHS Lothian with which she had been associated for more than 40 years.
- Wendy Ball, provides strategic input to networks and social impact organisations, particularly to enhance the effectiveness of movements and partnerships set up to advance positive change.