Sign up to our mailing list to hear the latest news from the GESA network.
We'll email you to let you know what's been going on in our networks, including:
- scholarships and funding opportunities
- conferences, seminars and other events
- job opportunities
You can also choose to receive updates from the University's other three Academies.
Information about you: how we use it and with whom we share it
The information you provide will be used by the University to deliver and improve the services and events we provide in a personalised manner, to ensure that you receive relevant information, and to ensure that we use resources in the most efficient and effective way. Your information will be processed by the University to:
- Provide you with any programmes you are participating in or support you have requested
- Administer your attendance at our events, send you a thank you email and a post-event survey, and to monitor their popularity
If you have opted-in to receive our newsletters, we will also use your personal data to:
- Keep you up-to-date with news about the University’s social responsibility and sustainability programmes and relevant activities
- Promote public and invitation-only events, activities and programmes
The University will use one or more external companies to process information about you on the University’s behalf. The University remains responsible for the information and will ensure it is kept securely.
We use the following companies to process your information:
- Dotmailer: to send newsletters
- Sendgrid: to send transactional emails and post-event surveys
- Eventbrite: to allocate tickets at public events
We are using information about you because you have given us your consent.
We will hold the personal data you provided us in accordance with our data retention schedule. If you do not opt-in to receive emails about future events and activities, we will delete your data one year after the last time you came to an event or participated in one of our programmes, or if you ask us to remove it.
We use an automated tool to ascertain your predicted level of interest in our programmes and events. We use this information to monitor the success of our work.
If you have any questions, or if you'd like your data to be deleted, please contact us at SRS.Department@ed.ac.uk