Student vacancy: Paid bloggers and photographers wanted
We are assembling a crack-team of enthusiastic and open-minded student bloggers and photographers to cover some of our Innovative Learning Week Events.
What we need
To join our team, you must be:
- a current student at the University
- enthusiastic and motivated
- interested in writing/photography (as relevant) and/or journalism
- willing to get involved with Innovative Learning Week
- comfortable working within strict deadlines
To join the blogging team, you must also be good with words, and comfortable with English grammar and spelling.
To join the photography team, you must have your own camera.
Dates and working hours
Innovative Learning Week 2014 runs from 17 to 21 February 2014. You must be able to cover at least 5 events during this time.
Rate of pay
This opportunity pays £50.00 for the week.
How to apply
Your application must include the following as a single document (Word/PDF):
- your CV, (no more than 2 sides of A4) including your University email address and matriculation number
- a cover letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for this project, and detailing any previous experience with photography/blogging (as relevant) in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- for bloggers: Two writing samples. These should be review-style, and can be about anything you have experienced in the last year – a play, a book, a gig, a CD, a film, some stand-up, some theatre; it’s up to you. These reviews should be short and fun, between 100 and 150 words.
- for photographers: Between 3 and 10 photographs you have taken. These photos should be of a high standard, and should not be just of nights out with friends.
Please email your application to Alison Treacy by 8 January 2014.
Your subject line should read: 'ILW Blogger Application YOUR NAME' / 'ILW Photographer Application YOUR NAME'.