The ‘Common Good’ in Times of Transition
Join the Edinburgh-based members of the Political Settlements Research Programme (the affiliated research programme of the Global Justice Academy) on June 6 in London at the British Academy conference ‘The ‘Common Good’ in Times of Transition’ to discuss the role of human rights and equality in political transitions from violent conflict.
The conference will host practitioners, policy makers and researchers from the UK and overseas. It aims to contribute to fostering inclusive political settlements and conflict resolution in fragile and conflict-affected states.
Plenary and break-out sessions:
- Navigating inclusion in transitions from conflict
- Local struggles for human rights and equality: entry points for political change
- Unsticking the stuck: peace implementation, formalised unsettlements and ideas for moving them forward
- Tactics for change and changing tactics: from dirty deal to social contract in deeply divided societies
- How to support social change through peace processes and beyond
Download the full conference programme for more information.
Attendance of the conference is free but spaces are limited and registrations is required.
To register please RSVP to Annette Oppong email@example.com before Monday 22 May 2017. In your reply, please indicate which parallel session you would like to attend. If no preference is expressed, a session will be allocated to you.