The Global Academy of Agriculture and Food Systems is a leading interdisciplinary hub of researchers, teachers and students developing new science, and curating evidence and learning on the intersection and interdependence of the systems that underpin the health and wellbeing of people and our planet. The Academy seeks to understand the drivers of Food System and Planetary Health challenges, and drive the development of mutually beneficial solutions through our unique breadth of expertise, holistic approach and strong partnerships
- Staff honoured by students in annual teaching awards
- National assessment highlights research excellence
- Stakeholder study seeks to map future of UK livestock
- Natural farming programme halves use of pesticides by farmers
- Insight into sales messaging could aid seafood trade
- Scientist adds voice to UN climate change report
- Diseases in spotlight at One Health workshop
- Varied red meat intake offers scope for alternatives
- Data science applied to key food systems challenges
- Agricultural universities team up on research plan
Our research and associated education and engagement are in two broad themes – Food System Transformation and Healthy People, Healthy Planet. Across and among these, we are concerned with the interface between science, policy and industry; data-driven innovation; and governance/ethics.
The Jameel Observatory for Food Security Early Action has been created to help tackle the growing threat to people in the world’s drylands posed by the increasing severity and frequency of climate-related disasters.