Speaker presentations from our past events will be posted here.
19/02/20 Shirley Tarawali Seminar: 'till the cows come home: a well worn path or a new trajectory?
- Video: Shirley Tarawali Seminar 'till the cows come home: : a well-worn path or a new trajectory?
- Seminar by Dr Shirley Tarawali - PowerPoint slides and audio recording
27/11/19 Maggie Gill Seminar: Bridging the research-policy interface: why it is important and thoughts on how to do it.
- Video: Maggie Gill seminar recording
- Maggie Gill Seminar recording with PowerPoint slides
8/10/19 Mark Davis Seminar: Joined up thinking in agriculture and development: Can humanity survive without agriculture? Can agriculture survive humanity?
- Video: Mark Davis Seminar Recording with powerpoint
- Mark Davis Seminar recording with PowerPoint slides
19/9/19 Seminar in partnership with SEBI: Can we feed the planet, and stay within planetary boundaries?
You can view the seminar here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/vet/research/sebi/news/video-can-we-feed-the-planet-and-stay-within-plane
The EAT–Lancet Commission addresses the need to feed a growing global population a healthy diet while also defining sustainable food systems that will minimise damage to our planet. Professor Mario Herrero, a contributor to the EAT-Lancet report, is Chief Research Scientist of Agriculture and Food at CSIRO, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Australia), and is a Corresponding Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
Organised by Supporting Evidence Based Interventions (SEBI) www.ed.ac.uk/vet/research/sebi in collaboration with the Global Academy of Agriculture and Food Security, both hosted by the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies.
05/06/19 Ian Godwin Seminar: Good Enough to Eat?
- Video: Ian Godwin Seminar
- Film of seminar incorporating Powerpoint slides given by Ian Godwin.
02/04/19 Prof Sayed Azam-Ali Seminar: Food of the past to feed the future
- Video: Azam Ali Seminar
- Film of Prof. Azam Ali seminar with Powerpoint slides.
22/11/18 Prof Toby Mottram Seminar: Measuring the invisible: cow monitoring moves out of the stone age
- Video: Toby Mottram Seminar
- Film of Prof. Toby Mottram Seminar.
12/10/18 Alan Tollervey Seminar: The International & National Priorities That Drive our R&D Investments
- Video: Alan Tollervey Seminar
- Film of Alan Tollervey Seminar with Powerpoint slides.
10/10/18 Ulrich Loening & Daisy Martinez Seminar: Healthy Crops A New Agricultural Revolution
- Video: Ulrich Loening Seminar
- Film of Ulrich Loening and Daisy Martinez Seminar with PowerPoint presentation.
07/09/18 Andrew Campbell Seminar: The converging insecurities of food, water and energy, amplified by climate change: what sorts of knowledge do we need, and how might we acquire it?
- Video: Andrew Campbell Seminar
- Video of the seminar given by Andrew Campbell.
02/08/18 Dr Fiona Borthwick Seminar: Sustainable Agricultural in the Ramu Valley, Papua New Guinea
- Video: Fiona Borthwick Seminar
- Film of Fiona Borthwick Seminar with PowerPoint slides.
23/5/17 Peter McCornick Seminar: Water For Food Security
- Video: Peter McCornick Seminar
- Film of Peter McCornick Seminar with PowerPoint presentation.