The vision and mission of the Global Academy of Agriculture and Food Security
Our Vision is: Sustainable development in global agriculture and rural land-based and aquatic economies.
Our Mission is: To provide world-leading research, innovation, education, training and consulting, in support of global food and environmental security, sustainable rural development, and animal and human wellbeing.
Achieving this through:
- Interdisciplinary teaching programmes intended to bridge theory, policy and practice.
- Research that develops and translates scientific advances into policy and practice.
- Partnerships across academia, commerce, government, civil society and local communities to form equitable relationships across the global North and South.
- Communities of practice that advance interdisciplinary collaboration and understanding.
- Novel teaching and research activities and approaches, through open, cross and trans-disciplinary partnerships across our Schools and Colleges and with partner institutes.
Our feature and interview by Prof Simm in the University's Annual Review - find out more