Celebrating our first 1,000 online pledges
We welcomed our 1,000th online pledger on 3 August. Discover how global support for the Save Lyell notebooks campaign is shaping up.
Spotlight on our pledgers
Thank you very much to everyone who has pledged a donation to help us save Lyell's notebooks for the public.
- The average online pledge amount from our first 1,000 pledges is £118.26.
- 75% of our first 1,000 pledgers are based in the UK and 25% are based elsewhere.
- We've received pledges from 25 countries including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Fiji, Finland, Iran, Israel, Japan and the United States of America.
- The revised asking price for Lyell's notebooks is £966,000 - to be secured by the final deadline of 15th October 2019.
- The first 1,000 online pledges, together with the University's contributions and offline pledges, total £668,000, leaving £298,000 to raise.