March for a Month
This virtual walking challenge will see you commit to walking or running a distance of your choice every day for a month.
As it’s a virtual challenge, there's no entry fee and you aren’t tied to a specific day or location. You could go for a run in your lunch break or walk to the shops rather than driving - just remember to track your miles! Try to pick a distance that is challenging but achievable and keep your supporters updated on your progress. Regular updates will keep you accountable and encourage more generous support for your cause.
- Choose how far you want to walk or run*.
- Set-up your JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/universityofedinburgh. Please opt-in to receive communications from us when you set up your Just Giving page. This will allow us to provide advice and support for your fundraising activity; let you know how your donation is helping; and to invite you to events, including our exclusive annual Thank You event.
- Share the link to your JustGiving page far and wide. You can post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, update your email signature, or make posters for notice boards.
- Ask your friends and family to get involved in March for a Month too!
- Keep track of the distance you've marched and let your supporters know once the miles are completed. You can also post updates on your JustGiving page, letting your supporters know how you are getting on.
- Don’t be afraid to ask people more than once to sponsor you. We all need reminding at times so feel free to mention more than once that you are fundraising.
- Ask your employer about Matched Funding.
*Please make sure the length and intensity of your walk is appropriate for your level of fitness. If you are unsure, check with your General Practitioner (GP) before you start.
Contact for more information