March in March
This virtual challenge will see you commit to walking a distance of your choice every day in March to raise money in aid of EXPPECT Edinburgh.
As March in March is a virtual challenge, there's no entry fee and you aren’t tied to a specific time or location. You could go for a walk in your lunch break, or walk to the shops rather than driving, just remember to track your miles! Try to pick a distance that is challenging but achievable and remember to keep your supporters updated on your progress. Regular updates will keep you accountable and help encourage support of EXPPECT Edinburgh.
Endometriosis affects an estimated 176 million women. It occurs when tissue similar to the lining of the uterus is found elsewhere - most commonly in the abdomen, on the ovaries, bladder and bowel.
This misplaced tissue behaves like the lining of the uterus, bleeding every month and creating local inflammation. It is associated with chronic pain, heavy bleeding, and infertility, and can impact on mental, and social wellbeing.
There is no cure for women with pelvic pain and endometriosis, and there is an unmet need for better treatments.
The EXPPECT Team at the University of Edinburgh aims to provide high quality, evidence-based and patient-centred management of pelvic pain and carries out pioneering endometriosis research.
- Choose how far you want to walk in March 2022*.
- Set-up your JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/campaign/EXPPECT. Please opt-in to receive communications from us when you set up your Just Giving page. This will allow us to provide advice and support for your fundraising activity; let you know how your donation is helping; and to invite you to events, including our exclusive Thank You event.
- Share the link to your JustGiving page far and wide. You can post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, update your email signature, or make posters for notice boards.
- Ask your friends and family to get involved in March in March too!
- Keep track of the distance you've walked and let your supporters know once the miles are completed. You can also post updates on your JustGiving page, letting your supporters know how you are getting on.
- Don’t be afraid to ask people more than once to sponsor you. We all need reminding at times so feel free to mention more than once that you are fundraising.
- Ask your employer about Matched Funding.
*Please make sure the length and intensity of your walk is appropriate for your level of fitness. If you are unsure, check with your General Practitioner (GP) before you start.
Contact for more information
Senior Community Fundraising Officer