Making a difference starts here!
** NEWS: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The University has put together guidance on COVID-19, including key information for prospective students.
At the School of GeoSciences, we study the way the world works.
You can explore many natural and physical science subjects, including mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and geography, to understand the Earth and its development through time – as well as how to protect its future.
You can also study the world through the social sciences where you will learn about the relationships between people and their social, cultural, political and economic worlds, and our impact on the Earth.
With us, you will join one of the largest and most successful groupings of geoscientists and geographers in the UK , as we address the most compelling issues of our time. You will also be part of one of the top universities in the world. The University of Edinburgh is 20th in the 2020 QS World University Rankings.
Ecological and Environmental Sciences
- Ecological and Environmental Sciences (BSc)
- Ecological and Environmental Sciences with Management (BSc)
- Geography and Archaeology (MA)
- Geography and Economics (MA)
- Geography and Politics (MA)
- Geography and Social Anthropology (MA)
- Geography and Social Policy (MA)
- Geography and Sociology (MA)
Geology and Physical Geography
Geophysics and Geology
- Geophysics and Geology (BSc)
- Geophysics and Geology (MEarthPhys)
- Geophysics and Geology with Professional Placement (MEarthPhys)
Geophysics and Meteorology
This article was published on 22 May, 2020