Applying for your programme
Information on how to apply and our entry and language requirements.
- SQA Highers
- Typical offer is likely to be AAAA. Minimum requirement is ABBB by end of S5 or ABBBB/AABB from S4-S6, to include two of Biology*, Chemistry*, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Managing Environmental Resources, Mathematics* and Physics*; with National 5 Mathematics at Grade B (*include at least one). You will also need Standard Grade Mathematics at Grade 2 and English at Grade 3.
- A Levels
- Typical offer is likely to be AAA. Minimum requirement is ABB in one sitting, to include two from Biology*, Chemistry*, Mathematics*, Physics*, Environmental Studies, Geography, Geology; (*include at least one). You will also need GCSE Mathematics at Grade B and GSCE English at Grade C.
- Typical offer likely to be 37 points with 555 at HL. Minimum requirement is 32 points overall and award of IB Diploma with 555 at HL to include two of Biology*, Chemistry*, Mathematics*, Physics*, Geology or Geography (*include at least one).
Entry to second year
For direct entry to second year the minimum requirements must be exceeded, including the following:
- SQA Advanced Highers
- AAB to include Biology, plus one of Chemistry, Environmental Science, Mathematics or Physics, plus one further Higher from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography or Geology.
- A Levels
- A*AA in one sitting to include Biology, plus one of Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics, plus one further A Level from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography or Geology. Alternatively, AAA in one sitting, to include Biology, plus two of Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, or Geology.
- 38 points overall and award of IB Diploma with 666 at HL to include Biology and Chemistry.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your spoken and written English:
- IELTS Academic module overall 6.5 with 5.5 in each component.
- TOEFL iBT 92 or above with 20 in each section
How to apply
Learn more about our application process, and requirements for your supporting documents, with our Guide to Applying to Study at Edinburgh.
Most programme applications are made through The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).