Applying for your programme
Entry requirements and how to apply for your chosen programme.
The University’s application system is accessed online through the Degree Finder. Each programme under the Degree Finder will include the entry requirements for that particular programme and all the information you need to apply to study with us.
What to know before you apply
- Your application will require supporting documentation. If any documents are missing we will request them from you.
- All applicants must have evidence of their English language ability.
- You do not have to complete your application in one session, but you must complete the application form fully before your application will be considerd and we can make a decision on an offer.
- We expect to provide you with a decision within 6-8 weeks of submitting a complete application.
- We recommend that you apply as early as possible. This is particularly important for applicants who may need to allow sufficient time to take an English language test, for overseas students who may need time to satisfy necessary visa requirements and/or to apply for University accommodation.
- Due to the popularity of many of our programmes, some applications may close early.
- If you receive an offer to study, you may be required to pay a deposit to secure your place on the programme.
How to apply
Learn more about our application process, and requirements for your supporting documents, with our Guide to Applying to Study at Edinburgh.
Programme applications are made online through the University Degree Finder.