Your dissertation contributes one third of your marks for the programme.
On successful completion of all course work, students will be eligible to carry out a research project or equivalent piece of individual and original work which will carry 60 credits.
Students will be given guidance by the Programme Director in their choice of projects. Each student will be assigned a supervisor who will typically be a member of academic staff within the School of GeoSciences.
Our existing strong Carbon Management alumni network allows us to draw on industry expertise and contacts as required for particular student projects. Many existing students undertake dissertations with industry, or industrially-relevant topics.
Examples of where our Alumni are now include:
- Department of Energy and Climate Change, London
- Deutsche Bank, London
- ICLEI, Brazil
- 2020 Climate Group, Edinburgh
- Deloitte UK, UK
- Forestry Department, Malawi
- Japanese Ministry of Environment, Japan
- Scottish Water, Edinburgh
- IDEAcarbon, London
- The Carbon Trust, London
- Tesco PLC, London
- WindPower Nepal, Nepal
- Greenlite Solutions, South Africa
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), London
- Creative Carbon Scotland, UK
- China Beijing Environmental Exchange, China
- The Helix, Edinburgh