Studentships in Human Geography
The Human Geography Research Group are currently offering Masters and PhD opportunities, with access to ESRC and AHRC studentships.
About the studentship
As part of the Scottish Graduate School of Social Science, we have access to the Human Geography, Environment and Urban pathway.
Applicants must have UK residency and hold, or are predicted to get a 1st or 2.1 undergraduate degree grade. EU residents can apply for fees-only grants.
Prospective applicants should liaise with potential supervisors about completing an application and drafting a research proposal. Applications are now open for studentships for the 2019/20 academic year.
This is a two part application process and both stages must be completed in order to be considered for ESRC funding-
- Applicants must apply for admission to the School of GeoSciences by noon on Monday 3rd December 2018.
- Applicants must also make a funding application to GradHub before noon on Friday 11th January 2019 - https://www.sgsss.ac.uk/studentships/open-competition/
- Scottish Graduate School for Social Sciences (SGSSS) will launch the open studentship form in November. Applicants will be asked to register on GradHub, make an application with them and upload the following-
- upload existing transcripts and degree certificates
- a CV
- one reference which must not be from their proposed supervisor.
Any queries about registering or logging into GradHub should be directed to SGSS - https://www.sgsss.ac.uk/
- Applicants must apply for admission to the School of GeoSciences by noon on Friday 23rd November 2018.
- Applicants must complete the AHRC application form and return it to PGR support at the School of GeoSciences (email@example.com) by noon on Monday 3rd December 2018. Please complete the application form below and submit it to PGR Support.
Further guidance on the application process can be found here- https://www.ed.ac.uk/arts-humanities-soc-sci/research-students/postgraduate-research-student-office/prospective-research-students/resources/resources
Applications must both be registered through the University of Edinburgh application system.