We run a number of on-campus and virtual online events throughout the academic year to assist you with getting to know the school, our programmes and why this is a great place to study.
Undergraduate Offer Holder Visit Days
If you have a UCAS offer, the best way to learn more about us is to come to one of the Offer Holder Visit Days listed below. You will be invited to one if we make you an offer to study at the School of GeoSciences, University of Edinburgh.
Please note that these days are by invitation only. Full details will be sent with your offer email.
Dates for the 2020 entry offer holder days are:
- Ecological & Environmental Science – Wed 25 March
- Geography – Wed 25 March or Wed 1 April
- Earth Sciences – Fri 27 March or Wed 8 April
These days are open to those who hold a conditional or unconditional offer to study with us from September 2020. During the event you will have the opportunity to meet with academic staff and current students, learn more about the degree structure and courses, and take a tour of some of the teaching and accommodation facilities
Booking to attend an offer holder day
All offer holder days for a specific discipline area (e.g Earth Sciences) will follow the same programme and so you only need to attend on one occasion. Demand for places on our offer holder days is high. It is advisable to book as soon as you receive an invitation to avoid disappointment. You will have to make your own way to the relevant campus for the offer holder day.
Various open days and tours are also provided by the University that will allow applicants to get a good feel for what it's like to study and live in Edinburgh. The main services provided by the University are:
- University Undergraduate Open Days: Undergraduate open days are held in June and September and provide a good opportunity to speak to members of staff and have a tour of the building.
- University Postgraduate Open Days: Postgraduate open day is usually held in November and is a great opportunity to meet with students and staff. A 'Virtual Open Week' is also held for Postgraduate students, which normally takes place in March.
- Student-led Guided Tours: These take place most Monday and Friday afternoons and are ideal for students and their families who are unable to attend the main open day.
- Self-guided Tours: Take things at your own pace with these tours.
- Self-guided accommodation tours: Discover what it's like to live in University accommodation
- Information for Parents: Address any concerns that parents may have and get extra information to better advise your son or daughter.