Courses and Requirements
Information on courses, T&D Requirements & Vacancies
Definition of courses and T&D requirements
Each year, prior to the start of the academic year, the School confirms the courses to be provided in the coming academic year, and then agrees the T&D requirements for any courses using T&D as part of teaching delivery.
Please note that final T&D requirements may be adjusted slightly in the second week of term, depending on final student numbers and hence the number and size of classes.
Next Recruitment Cycle
The next recruitment cycle is advertised below for field demonstrating positions that have not already been advertised.
We also currently have the position below if you are interested in the position please follow the steps below to apply and submit your application by 7th March 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can access the timetable information for courses here https://browser.ted.is.ed.ac.uk/ . This tool allows you to search for multiple courses at once, showing where there may be timetable overlaps for different courses. Please do not apply for more than one course where you are aware there are overlaps in the timetable. This causes a delay in securing tutors/demonstrators for each course and causes additional administrative work.
Please read the notes below before reviewing the field demonstrating positions spreadsheet below. Please complete the T&D Fieldwork application form in full and submit to email@example.com by 5pm Tuesday 27th March .
Please review the criteria below before applying;
- Right to work in the UK (those on a tier 4 visa should not exceed 20 hours work per week)
- Must be a current student at the time of work (dates of work must not be after maximum end date on EUCLID)
- You must be available to work on all the day/times advertised – please do not apply for positions where you are unable to commit to the times outlined
- Field work – must have undertaken or be willing to take/booked on to First aid training
Please follow the application process below;
- Read T&D handbook to familiarise yourself with the T&D process’ and procedures
- Complete application form in full – please ensure you complete all sections of the application form, providing information on the relevant skills/experience in relation to the post you are applying for (separate application for each position you are applying for – different application for class and field work). Due to the high volume of applications, those not completed in full cannot be processed.
- Return your completed application by the deadline.
Information on what happens once you are appointed, how to get a contract and training and support can be found on the Tutoring and Demonstrating – the process page