a catalogue of equipment available to carry out analyses.
- Shimadzu TOC-V (High Temperature Catalytic Oxidation) analyser with TNM module for chemiluminescence detection of Nitrogen
- Two Agilent 5890 GC systems with autoinjector, split/splitless or on-column injection with Flame Ionisation Detectors (FID)
- One gradient Agilent 1100 series HPLC system with autoinjector and fluorescence detector.
- An Agilent 5890 GC system with Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD).
- A GC-MS system (Agilent 6890 GC, 5973 MSD) with autoinjector, split/splitless or on-column injection, Electron Impact (EI) or Chemical Ionisation ( PCI or NCI ) capability and spectral libraries. Data processing is with Agilent Chemstation for MSD.
- Fume cupboards
- Freeze drier, autoclave and muffle furnace
- Refrigerated centrifuges
- Organic-clean ultrapure water
- Soxhlet and ultrasonic equipment for lipid and hydrocarbon extractions
- Column chromatography for lipid class separation
- Centrifugal and rotary evaporation systems
- Networked chromatographic data processing software