Ion Micro-Probe Links
Links to other facilities and companies.
Facilities at the University of Edinburgh
- Edinburgh University Scanning Electron Microscope Facility at the School of Geosciences.
- Edinburgh University Electron Microprobe Facility Facility at the School of Geosciences.
- SURRC - Scottish Universities Research and Reactor Centre , East Kilbride
UK Research Councils
- Research Council UK (RCUK)
- Natural and Environmental Research Council (NERC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
- Cameca France
- ETP Electron Multipliers
- VAT vacuum valves The only people to buy valves from.
- APD Cryogenics
- InTime Engineering for engineering requirements such as Ni-Cathodes.
- QES Limited for Switch Mode Power Supply repairs.
- ESS European Spectrometry Systems Ltd Quadrupole sales and service
- Pfeiffer Vacuum for pumps, gauges etc.
- March May magnetic drive seal-less pumps.
- MDC Vacuum Products
- Kurt J Lesker covers most vacuum products required.
- ISS Electron Optical Service
- Agar Scientific Supplier of apertures, etc.
- Kore Technology offers products and services in the fields of ultra-high-vacuum design, surface analysis and time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
- Buehler supplier of preparation materials including Epo-Thin resin.
- Surface Analysis at Charles Evans and Associates (EAG)
Reference Sites and Standard Suppliers
- GeoReM is a Max-Planck-Institute database for reference materials
- Statistics Handbook from NIST
- The best Periodic table.
- Another Periodic Table .
- NIST Standard Reference Materials Program and SRM on-line Catalog.
- USGS Standards: Geochemical Reference Materials and certificates.
- Glass Technology Reference Materials
- The Geostandards Reference Materials and Research Journal
Cameca 1270/1280 Sites
- University of Alberta Cameca 1280 SIMS laboratory.
- Wisconsin SIMS laboratory, Cameca 1280 instrument.
- The 1270 and 3f installations in NENIMF - Woods Hole USA.
- UCLA National Ion Microprobe Facility
- Cameca 1270 at Nancy.
- Earth and Planetary Sciences department at the SIMS at the University of Western Australia
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History Cameca 1270/1280(ish) instrument.
- The 1280 HR in the Institute of Earth Sciences, Lausanne.
- The 1280 HR at Helmholtz Zentrum Potsdam's SIMS laboratory
The 1280 Heidelberg Ion Probe (HIP) laboratory
Cameca 3f/4f/5f/6f/7f Sites
- Cameca ims-7f Geo at the Caltech Center for Microanalysis
- SIMS facility at ASU
- The University of New Mexico SIMS Facility.