Unconfined Fracture Rig
The Unconfined Fracture Rig was designed and built to develop understanding of the processes involved during hydraulic fracturing on large scale samples.
The unconfined fracturing rig is designed to create hydraulic fractures in large (200mm diameter) rock samples
The Unfonfined Fracturing Rig is rated to provide:
- 200mm diameter and length samples
- up to 700 bar load
- Up to 70MPa injection pore fluid pressure
- Up to 60oC rock temperature.
- Up to 60oC injection gas temperature
- Pore pressure measurement and logging.
- Gas sampling by Hiden HPR20 mass spectrometer.
The team within the Applied Geoscience Laboratory welcomes scientific collaboration and are always happy to discuss new projects and experimental designs. Please contact:
And for technical support please contact: