Direct Debit checklist
If you wish to pay by Direct debit the following steps must be completed.
- Pay the first instalment by any other method in advance or when matriculating (new students, new direct debit payers or returning students on a new programme of study).
- Have a valid UK bank or building society account or open one before coming to the University.
- Check with the bank or building society that the nominated account is suitable for Direct Debit payments - in general savings accounts are not suitable.
- Have the bank account holder complete the Online Direct Debit Mandate by the due date detailed in the Direct Debit timetable. The bank account holder cannot use a business bank account to pay by Direct Debit.
- If more than one signatory is required for the nominated bank account then a paper Direct Debit mandate must be completed.
- If you are a new student the paper mandate (point 5 above) must be brought with you when matriculating otherwise it should be posted to the Income Section of the Finance Department.
- Make sure that there is enough money in the nominated bank account at least one day before the instalment dates.
- Inform the Income Section about any changes to the nominated bank account at least 20 days before the next instalment date.