Changing or cancelling a Direct Debit

Refer to the following information in order to amend or cancel an existing Direct Debit agreement.

Change of bank account

If a different bank account is to be used for direct debit payment then the bank account holder should complete a new Online Direct Debit Mandate or paper mandate. It is also advisable to cancel the Direct Debit instruction with the bank on the existing account.

Alternatively if you are closing the bank account being used for Direct Debits and transferring to a new account, you can request that the bank informs us of the changes. If this option is selected we will receive the information automatically but you may wish to confirm that the new details have been received by contacting the Income Section.

New bank account details must be received by the Income Section at least 20 days before the next instalment date to allow the change to be effective.

Change of address

Where the account holder is not the student, and there has been a change of address please inform the Income Section by email or by letter stating the student’s matriculation number.

Cancelling a Direct Debit

You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to the Income Section.

If a Direct Debit instruction is cancelled, and there is a balance of tuition fees then these will become due immediately and must be paid by another payment method.

It is recommended that direct debit instructions are cancelled for all students who complete or withdraw from their programme of study. The bank details held for these students, per the direct debit mandate, will be removed from the Finance system.

Income Section

  • Finance Department

Contact details



Charles Stewart House
9-16 Chambers Street

Post Code