Postgraduate funding from Student Finance England and Wales

This type of postgraduate funding is paid directly to you, and not to the University. We will invoice you for the full amount of your tuition fees.

If you have applied to Student Finance England or Student Finance Wales for a masters or doctorate loan and been granted funding, you will receive this directly from the loan provider. Your funding will be paid to you in 3 equal instalments across the year. 

Apply for funding from Student Finance England

Apply for funding from Student Finance Wales

You are responsible for using this funding to pay your tuition fees to the University. You are also responsible for paying any tuition fees not covered by your funding.  

We will send you an invoice for the full amount you need to pay at the start of your programme, once you have registered as a student. 

How to pay your tuition fees 

Register how you will pay your tuition fees (if you have not done so)

This form gives you directions on how to pay your tuition fees and lets our team know how you intend to pay your fees. If you have not yet filled it out, you should do this now.  

You will need to complete this form once at the start of every academic year, or whenever the way you fund your studies changes. 

You do not need to complete this form if you have done so previously in the current academic year. Only complete it again if the way you fund your studies has changed. 

Register how you will pay your tuition fees  (if you have not done so) (secured) 

Complete your student registration online 

As part of the matriculation process, you will need to complete online registration for each academic year. We cannot issue your invoice until you complete student registration.  

How to complete your student registration  

Make your payment 

Once you have filled out the form, you can: 

  • pay by instalment by setting up a Recurring Card Payment (RCP) so we can take payments on fixed dates throughout the academic year 


  • make one payment 

If you set up a Recurring Card Payment (RCP) 

To set up your Recurring Card Payment, you’ll need to complete a form and give the details of the card you want to use.  

Our team will confirm your payment plan once you have completed the form and an invoice has been issued for your student account. You’ll be sent confirmation of your payment plan and the amounts that will be taken. 

For postgraduate students with a UK government loan, RCP instalments come out on 3 fixed dates: 

  • 33% of your fees will be taken on 3 October 

  • 33% of your fees will be taken on 3 February 

  • 34% of your fees will be taken on 3 May 

Please note, this is different to the standard RCP schedule that you will see on the main RCP page. 

Pay your tuition fees by instalment

If you make one payment

If you have enough money to cover your fees before you receive your funding, you can make one payment before the start of your programme. You can do this with a credit or debit card, by bank transfer, or using an online payment platform. 

We advise that you wait to pay until you receive an invoice showing your remaining fees. This will ensure that you pay the right amount. 

Pay your tuition fees in one payment

Check My finance

My finance is now available

My finance is now reopen. You can use it to make payments for fees.

If you can't see a payment applied to your invoice on the system, please allow a couple of days before trying to view it again. Our team is actively working on this.

We are still in the process of charging some fees, so you may not see an invoice when you log in initially. The Fees and Student Support Team are working actively on this and hope to have all fees  charged by the end of September.

Deposit payments have still to be recorded on the system. These will be deducted from your tuition fee invoices in the next two weeks.

Please be aware that sponsor invoices may not appear on your account until end of September.

If you have any problems making a payment, you can contact the EdHelp team via their website or by calling 0131 651 5151 and selecting the option for questions regarding fee payments (phone lines open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4.30pm), but will be closed on Monday 19th of September.

You will be able to see a record of your tuition fees payments by checking My finance (MyEd).  

Log in to MyEd

Do you need help?