Student Academic Fees
Your student fees must be paid in full within 30 days of receiving your invoice, unless you are paying by instalment. The payment options available to you will depend on how you are funding your studies.
You may be considered to be:
- an externally-funded student if you are receiving financial support from your government, being funded by a sponsor or have arranged a tuition fee student loan
- a self-funded student if you are funding your own studies, getting financial help from family or friends, or are receiving financial assistance direct from an external funder
- an internally-funded student if you are receiving a scholarship, award or other funding from the University which is not paid directly to you
Register how you will pay your tuition fees -
You must tell us how you intend to pay your tuition fees using the form provided.
When you submit the form, which was previously known as Financial Registration Form, you will be directed to the next steps you need to take to pay your tuition fees or to confirm your funding to us.
You will need to complete this form before you start to study with us and then at the start of every academic year.
Most of your queries can be answered by completing the above register, if you require further assistance please contact us:
Individual payment guidance - Contact Details
- View frequently asked questions on paying tuition fees at EdHelp. Edhelp can answer queries about paying fees and other costs via our online enquiry form and also offer a live chat service between 9.15 am and 16.30 pm.
- If you prefer to speak to someone by phone please call 0131 651 5151 (Option 1 for "Student Fees and Finance Queries", then Option 1 for "any questions or issues about Fee payments"). Our phone lines will be open Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- For more complex, urgent or financial difficulties in regards to paying tuition fees and related costs please book an online MS Teams appointment at UoE Pay Fees with a member of the finance team.
Payment by the Recurring Card method for tuition fee instalment due on the 3rd of February 2024 will be automatically taken by the University from your card provided on this date, Do not make any other form of payment method against this instalment 7 days prior to this date to prevent being charged twice.
How to pay your fees
- Video: How to... Pay your Tuition Fees and Related Costs 2023
- This short 'How to...' video provides information on how to pay student tuition fees, where to find further information and how to contact Finance Helpline.
Multiple funding sources or an unlisted funder
Timetable for tuition fee payments
You will find due dates for tuition fee payments and the recurring card payment (RCP) instruction for the current academic year in this timetable:
Other student fees
Fees charged for courses provided on a modular basis are invoiced at course level (ICL) and are due in full within 30 days of the invoice date.
You will need to pay other student fees, charges or costs in full during the academic year when you are notified.
Queries about fee status and tuition fees
If you have queries about your fee status or concerns about your charged tuition fees then you should contact the Fees and Student Support team.