Information on transit insurance, summary of cover and how to apply for cover.

Can be used to insure equipment being transported to or from the University by a commercial carrier or by individual staff or students.  It can also be used when equipment is being sent to the manufacturer for repair, if the University are borrowing equipment to test or for equipment being sent for use on a field trip.

What Does the Policy Cover?

Damage to goods whilst in transit by air, sea, road, rail or post and includes items being shipped overseas, within the UK, whilst in storage (outside the ordinary course of transit), and whilst part of an exhibition.  Please note there are a number of territories that are excluded under this policy so please check the Insurance wiki or contact the Insurance Office for further information.

How Do I Arrange cover?

Insurance Application - All requests for insurance are now submitted via the Insurance Application. – Select ‘Transit’ from the home screen.