Business School hosted Media Series at the Fringe
Six shows featuring prominent public figures and influential leaders looked at topics in finance, government and the media.
Chris Carter, Chair in Strategy & Organisation at the Business School, chaired discussions at the Media Series at the Fringe. Guest speakers included Chancellor of the University of Kent Gavin Esler and Guardian columnist Polly Toynbee.
Media Series at the Fringe
Media Series at the Fringe took place 14-23 August at the Business School. The speakers who joined Chris Carter were:
- Iain Martin: Lessons from the financial crisis
- Gavin Esler: Re-building the trust of the public
- Ray Perman: The role of financial journalism in accountability
- Chris Mullin: Press regulation in the post-Leveson era
- Peter Jay: Changes in the media
- Polly Toynbee: The role of political journalism for a democratic society