Welcome Week 2017
The Security Section will be welcoming new students to the university during Welcome Week - Monday 11th September to Friday 15th September
The Security Section frequently liaise with Police Scotland and Welcome Week presents the ideal opportunity for new students to prepare for their time at the University of Edinburgh. Security Section staff will be on hand to share crime prevention tips, invisibly mark personal property, and dispense personal safety equipment.
The Security Section aims to provide support and advice around matters of personal security, property safety, and crime prevention, so come along and meet our staff at one of the following events:
- Student Card Pickup – Main Library – 9am - 4.30pm (All week)
- Parents Welcome Talks – McEwan Hall – 4pm-5pm Tuesday 5th September.
- International Student Card issue - Old College - 9am - 4.30pm (All week)
- Sports Fair – CSE - Pleasance – 11am – 4pm Wednesday 13th September.
- On patrol around campus all day and night – look out for our red jackets
Police Scotland campaign centered on student safety
Police Scotland have launched a campaign regarding Student Safety, which aims to promote safety and vigilance in four key areas:
- Looking after property
- Online activity
- Identity protection
- Party safety/Out and about
The campaign is accompanied by a short YouTube video summarising these key themes.
Police Scotland have an Instagram feed which posts updates on policing, campaigns and their service.