Festival and Events
The Festival and Events Team provides technical advice and guidance for any festivals, filming and events across the Estate.
Sitting within the Contract Services team, the Festival and Events Team:
- Ensure the Estate is treated respectfully whilst enabling events to go ahead on campus
- Help with event health and safety queries related to your event - we will do everything we can to make sure that all events are as safe as they can be
- Manage the compliance of the Estate venues (electrical inspections and testing, emergency lighting, theatrical rigging, external power and drainage)
- Provide technical guidance and ensure compliance for annual and temporary entertainment licences
- Arrange for work to be carried out to the Estate to improve our venues
- Manage event electrical safety - we ensure that equipment brought onto the Estate is safe for use. For larger events we require the event management to test their electrical installation and provide us with the results.
The largest part of our work is the Edinburgh Festival in August each year however we have also advised on the following events:
|University Welcome Weeks||Graduations|
|Edinburgh Hogmanay events||
Various exhibits at the Talbot Rice Gallery
|The Edinburgh Marathon||Pride|
|Songs of Praise: The Big Sing||
Cycling Tour of Britain
|ECA Degree Show||
Music in the Community
|Edinburgh Fringe Mobiloo||Various filming for TV and film|
To find out more about the University's role in festivals and events across the year visit the University at the Festivals webpages.