What we do
The Energy Office is responsible for procuring and managing the University's energy supplies.
The Energy Office is also responsible for the following aspects of energy management for the University:
- Assuring energy is utilised effectively and efficiently across the estate
- Developing prioritised energy efficiency projects
- Procuring the University’s electricity, gas, oil and water supplies
- Validating and authorising energy invoices
- Carrying out energy surveys and audits
- Identifying energy waste and making recommendations to reduce this
- Providing consumption and cost information for management reporting purposes
- Supporting colleagues on energy conservation issues
- Liaising with external organisation on energy best practice
- Assessing new energy saving technologies.
The Energy Office works closely with Estates Development and Building Services teams on sustainable construction strategy and with the Social Responsibility and Sustainability Department on the Sustainability and Climate Change strategy.
Energy Office contacts
|Dean Drobot||Head of Energy & Utilities Managementemail@example.com||0131 650 8160|
|David Jack||Energy & Utilities Operations Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org||0131 650 9536|
|Alan Hughes||Energy Manageremail@example.com||0131 650 2843|
|Robert MacGregor||Energy Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org||0131 650 9115|
|Tom Harley||Energy Manageremail@example.com||0131 651 4399|
|Kerry-Ann Robertson||Energy Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org||0131 650 2018|