Paper and cardboard
Paper and cardboard items, such as office paper, packaging, boxes, birthday cards and similar.
- Yes - cardboard (corrugated, cereal boxes, non-plastic coated packaging), paper (newspapers, office paper, magazines, sticky notes), envelopes (including window envelopes), newspapers, books, catalogues and journals
- No - disposable hot drinks cups, plastic coated cardboard, paper towels, glitter cards/wrapping paper, padded envelopes, sandwich boxes
- Uplift required?
- Potentially (for large quantities)
- Remove all contents, plastic packaging and polystyrene inserts.
- Place small quantities of paper/cardboard in Dry Mixed Recycling bin (orange lid).
- For large quantities of cardboard boxed items, check if supplier will take packaging back; if not possible, flat pack large cardboard boxes together and place next to an internal recycling bin and contact Waste Office to arrange uplift.
- Disposable hot drinks cups, plastic coated cardboard or glitter cards/wrapping paper cannot be recycled and must be placed in the General Waste bin (grey lid).