In 2019, the Estates Department is taking part in the University’s Sustainability Awards.
The Estates Department is committed to contributing to social responsibility and sustainability at the University of Edinburgh. This includes supporting the University’s Climate Strategy through our working practices. Within the Estates Department, we are taking the following steps:
- Participating in the University’s Sustainability Awards programme. We are currently working towards a Silver Office Award at our two offices on Infirmary Street.
- Supporting the University’s Easter Bush campus to become a Hedgehog Friendly Campus.
- Discussing sustainability issues at the Estates Management Group.
- Including sustainability within the University of Edinburgh Waste Strategy 2018/19 – 2022/23.
- Contributing to the University’s Biodiversity Strategy.
- Introducing eco-friendly cleaning products to be used by our Cleaning teams.
- Promoting sustainable active travel options to staff and students.
- Installing electric vehicle charging points on all our campuses plus working with other Departments across the University to educate about the benefits of using electric vehicles and assisting with funding applications for charge points and new vehicles.