Closure of north side of George Square
Closure of road due to New Student Centre and Edinburgh Futures Institute development works
Student Centre and Edinburgh Futures Institute development works
- The north side of George Square will be closed from 12th March for three months until mid June.
- This is to allow new heating, cooling, electrical and communications cabling and infrastructure to be installed under the road in preparation for the remodelling work to the New Student Centre at Teviot and connection to the site of the Edinburgh Futures Institute at Quartermile.
- Access to the north entrance of George Square Lane will be closed from mid-April to 18th June.
- The pavement to the north side of George Square will remain open through-out the works and a pedestrian crossing point will be installed over the trench outside the Chrystal MacMillan building.
- Access to Charles Street Lane will be maintained during the works.
- Vehicle access to the west side of George Square will be maintained via Buccleuch Place
- For car parking restrictions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org