The original 18th Century Building was extended by William Nelson (elder son of Thomas Nelson) between 1860-1867. It is the second of the three mansions on the Pollock Halls site. William and his brother Thomas took over the family firm, 'Thomas Nelson & sons printing works', when their father fell ill. For more info see notes on Abden House & St Leonards Hall. The architect of the extension was John Lessels.
Wherever possible we have installed access ramps and access lifts to help mobility-impaired building users gain access to our buildings.
We have also put in place disabled evacuation lifts and emergency evacuation procedures for wheelchair users in the event of fire.
|Listed building category||C|
|Year of build||1860|
|Number of floors|
|Space management zone||Accom|
|Gross internal area||2049 m2|