Medical School, Teviot
The Medical School was built beside the 1870s new Royal Infirmary and opened in 1884 to house medical departments decanted from Old College.
The three storey Anatomy Museum separated the public quadrangle to the north from the private Anatomy quadrangle behind.
The east side also contains the McEwan Hall Reception Room. Post-war Medical Extension to NW corner George Square by Walter Ramsay, 1956-62, with some modifications by Basil Spence.
Opening hours: 07:30AM - 06:30PM
- Teviot Pl
- Post Code
- EH8 9AG
Wherever possible we have installed access ramps and access lifts to help mobility-impaired building users gain access to our buildings.
We have also put in place disabled evacuation lifts and emergency evacuation procedures for wheelchair users in the event of fire.
|Listed building category||B|
|Year of build||1778|
|Number of floors|
|Space management zone||Central|
|Gross internal area||21658 m2|