Built around a central quadrangle, the building is mixed-use. Designed by Robert Adam in 1789 with interiors by William H. Playfair, this building was originally intended to house the whole of the University.
Opening hours: 08:00AM - 09:30PM
- South Bridge
- Post Code
- EH8 9YL
Wherever possible we have installed access ramps and access lifts to help mobility-impaired building users gain access to our buildings.
We have also put in place disabled evacuation lifts and emergency evacuation procedures for wheelchair users in the event of fire.
Specific access information for Old College
Old College is set within the Quad through an archway leading from South Bridge. From within the Quad there are separate entrance routes to the Administration Functions, the Talbot Rice Gallery and Law.
From separate routes it is possible to gain access to most of the rooms used within Old College. With the exception of Talbot Rice Gallery, all of the routes are indirect and rely on a degree of assistance from the servitors.
|Listed building category||A|
|Year of build||1789|
|Number of floors|
|Space management zone||Central|
|Gross internal area||18148 m2|