Equality, diversity and inclusion [EDI] training modules for staff and students.
Please note the first four e-learning modules listed below are hosted on the University Learn platform. Instructions how to enrol here:
Self-Enrol by logging into Learn and log in with EASE at www.learn.ed.ac.uk
- Click on the “Self-Enrol” tab at the top right of your screen.
- Click the Browse Course Catalogue button and a search window will appear.
- Enter the name of the course you wish to enrol onto in the search box and click Go
- Hover your mouse pointer to the right of the Course ID, click the arrow and select Enrol.
- You will then be taken to a new page. To complete your enrolment on this course select Submit.
- You will then see a confirmation message to say your enrolment was successful.
- Click OK and you will be taken to the course.
The course will now appear in your My Courses under the 'My Learn' tab every time you login to Learn.
Training can be carried out on these modules at your own pace. If you don’t want to complete the course in one session, click on 'Bookmark' before exiting and the module will automatically take you back to where you left off when you next log in.
Increase your knowledge and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and what they are.
This module explores what Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and why they are important and why you/we should commit to making them happen. It outlines key legislation in relation to equality, and defines different forms of discrimination and unacceptable behaviours.
- Understand what equality and diversity are; why they are important to you; and what the benefits are
- Review key legislation in place to promote equality and how it applies in practice
- Understand main EDI barriers faced and how to break them down
- How to challenge unacceptable behaviours and steps you can take if you feel that you or anyone else is being treated unfairly
By the end of this course you will be able to explain what bias is and where it comes from; how it impacts on the people around us in the workplace; and what you can do to minimise the negative consequences.
This module explores what Unconscious Bias (UB) is, what it means, and how it impacts on the people around us in the workplace
- Understand what bias is and where it comes from
- How it impacts on day to day behaviours and what you can do to minimise negative consequences
- Actions you can take to resist the effects of UB in yourself and others.
This course will support your approach to mental health by:
- providing an overview of mental ill health and the signs to look out for;
- providing tools to improve wellbeing;
- encouraging you to talk about mental health;
- explaining how you can offer support to your colleagues
This module explains what Equality Impact Assessments (EqIAs) are and why we need to do them. EqIAs are an opportunity to think about the effects our policies and working practices have on others and what we can do to break down barriers to equality. This module will also take you through how to complete an EqIA.
If you experience any problems with the e-learning training modules, please email email@example.com
External e-Learning modules
This free e-learning course is provided by the Gender Identity Research & Education Society. The course provides an introduction to gender variance, how to create trans-inclusive workplaces and how to support an employee who is transitioning.
Course Enhancement Questionnaires and link to Equality/Unconscious Bias training modules for students at: