Trans and/or non-Binary
People from the Trans and/or non-Binary community regularly experience deliberate or unintended microaggressions and microinsults
This resource is intended to help you to:
- Understand what a microaggression is
- Understand trans and non-Binary microaggressions
- Identify the most common forms of trans and non-Binary microaggression
- Learn some practical ways to counteract microaggressions and create and inclusive environment for all students
- Find further reading and resources
Common Trans and/or non-Binary based Microaggressions
These are derogatory remarks and insults relating to someone’s gender identity, expressed verbally or non-verbally, intentionally or unintentionally.
Finding Out More
There are many resources available to help you find out more about being Trans or non-Binary, the discrimination and the hurdles they face in navigating the gendered environment (see resource list below).